Cutie :)

Nanna lokakke swagatha :)

Nanna lokakke swagatha :)

Sunday, March 28, 2010

An Experience At the Railway Station

An Experience At the Railway Station, Mysore :

It was a Saturday afternoon. This was the day I got my first salary in August. I was not used to travel by train and it was my first travel in train after more than 10yrs. Since it was a weekend, I was about to leave to my hometown, namma Bengaluru.

I went to the Railway station around 4:30pm with all my college friends. There was a passenger train at 5pm and an express train at 6:15pm. Since some of my friends had not yet reached the station, all of them decided to wait for them and board the 6:15 train. As I was eagerly waiting to go home, I decided to board the 5pm passenger train, which was almost crowded by that time. It was already 4:45pm. But anyways, I informed my friend Darshan and quickly took the ticket from the ticket counter. Unfortunately, as I headed towards the train, it started raining heavily. I got into one of the compartments and started searching for a seat in that already crowded train.

To my horror, there was not a single seat available. I tried searching for a seat in another compartment. But, even there, the same issue- no seats. I didn’t know what to do at that time. I got tired of searching seats and stood still, thinking. There was lot of bad sweating smell in almost all the coaches due to the people who were over-crowded by now. I went to compartment by compartment. And now, I saw a few people being seated in the sleeping compartment. Luckily I found one of those places to be empty. But there was more disgust to come.

Now comes the real fun : I climbed up that empty place and tried to sit there. That place was so small that I wasn’t able to sit. Then I tried sleeping. It was very suffocating and I could’nt sleep also. I removed my shoes, tried every possible way to adjust myself there, until I realised that it was not the sleeping compartment. But it was the LUGGAGE-KEEPING Compartment where I was trying to adjust myself !!!!!

This went on till 4:55pm and the train was about to leave in 5 minutes. Atlast, I decided to get down the train, as I couldn’t bear the suffocation anymore, happening to me at that time. Finally I got down from that train and also sold my ticket to one passenger waiting to get a ticket.

Now, I started searching my friends who were still waiting for the other friends to reach the station. I found them at the entrance of the station. By that time, even the other friends arrived. We all drank tea at the Café-Coffee day at the station.

Finally, we all travelled home in the 6:15 train with full enjoyment. I was very happy and relieved at that time, else I would have never travelled in a train again…!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment